Signs of Sports Medicine Conditions
If you’re experiencing sports medicine pain or have had an athletic injury, some of the symptoms below might sound familiar. If so, we advise you to make an appointment for medical treatment with a physician or sports medicine doctor as soon as possible.
- Grinding or bone-on-bone sensations in your joint
- Inability to move your shoulder without experiencing pain
- Limping or experiencing your joint or joints locking
- Medicine no longer helps your pain or swelling
- Stopped participating in your sport because of pain
- Tingling sensations in your forearm
- Your ankle, knee, or hip feel unsteady when walking or standing
You May Have One of These Common Conditions
Our sports medicine doctors can diagnose your pain, leading to medical treatment that can get you feeling better soon. Common sports medicine conditions and issues you may have and want to discuss with a specialty-trained physician include:
- ACL tear
- Ankle sprain
- Golfer’s elbow or tennis elbow (medial and lateral epicondylitis)
- Kneecap (patellar) fracture or dislocation
- Ligament tear
- Meniscal tear
- Muscle tear or strain
- Osteochondral lesions
- Separated shoulder
- Shin splint
- Strained hamstring
Trusted Expertise in Compassionate Sports Medicine Care
Our sports medicine specialists utilize state-of-the-art technology and techniques to offer nonsurgical care and a full range of specialized sports medicine surgeries and techniques to treat the ankle, elbow, hip, knee, and shoulder, such as:
- Achilles tendon minimally invasive repair surgery
- ACL and PCL repair and reconstruction
- Arthroscopy for the shoulder, hip, knee, and ankle
- Articular cartilage restoration
- Distal biceps repair surgery
- Fracture care
- Hip abductor tendon repair surgery
- Hip and shoulder labral repair surgery
- Ligament reconstruction
- Meniscus repair surgery
- Patellar instability/dislocation repair and reconstruction
- Proximal hamstring repair
- Reconstruction for irreparable rotator cuff tears
- Rotator cuff repair surgery
- Shoulder AC separation reconstruction
- Tennis elbow treatment
- Total and partial hip and knee joint replacement
- Total shoulder and reverse total shoulder replacement
Our specialists also serve as team physicians for local collegiate and high school athletes. Together, our sports doctors offer not only high-level sports medicine care but also evidence-based injury prevention and rehabilitation plans to get athletes back to their sport quickly and safely.
Orthopaedic Experts. Available Now.
Get immediate access to highly specialized orthopaedic care.
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Schedule Your Consultation Now
At The Orthopaedic & Fracture Clinic, you will receive an extraordinary level of care and attention from your initial visit and diagnosis through your recovery and rehabilitation. Our team will begin your care by listening to you to understand your concerns and answer your questions, taking the time to help you understand the options available to get you better. Throughout your journey with us, our doctors will put you first, tailoring your care to your needs and goals to resolve your pain or limitation so you can move forward into living the life you love.
For a one-on-one visit with one of our sports medicine specialists to discuss your athletic-related issue, call 507-386-6600 today or request an appointment online.
Proud Orthopaedic Providers
We are happy to always be in the middle of the action at The Orthopaedic & Fracture Clinic. As the orthopaedic providers for college and high school teams throughout southern Minnesota for decades, we get to be part of the team as we continue our relationship-based tradition of care, deliver hands-on treatment, and bring our “A” game for every athlete we serve. This includes The Orthopaedic & Fracture Clinic’s role as the exclusive external providers of sports medicine services and support to the MSU Mankato Maverick intercollegiate athletics program. It’s a relationship based on a tradition of care.